NCC Career Support
It is our goal to give students the opportunities and guidance they need to decide on and pursue a meaningful career. Career guidance begins for students at Year 10.
At Year 10 level all students participate in:
- A week long work experience placement of their choice
- Career testing and debriefing
- Information sessions on how to use the Job Guide to identify qualifications needed for specific careers
- Information session on how to use VTAC Course Search to explore tertiary courses and to identify pre-requisite subjects at VCE level
- Individual subject choice counselling in consultation with the student’s teachers.
Other career guidance includes:
- All Year 10 and 11 students attend a career expo, where they can explore an extensive range of career and course options.
- At Year 11 and 12 level, subject selection advice continues to ensure maximum success, wellbeing and support.
- A brief career test is offered to Year 12 students to help clarify options and to equip students with the language needed to identify their workplace strengths and weaknesses.
- Parents and Year 12 students are asked to attend a VTAC information session where student are supported in the tertiary courses selection and application process.
- A career newsletter is emailed to all Year 10, 11 and 12 students each fortnight, informing them about tertiary opportunities, information sessions and general career events.