Join us as we jump into the 2020 school year with the NCC JUMPstart to school program:
- 29 January
- 1pm – 7pm on-boarding day for all Primary and Secondary families.
- 7pm – 8pm Year 9 Challenge Information Night
- 30 January Year 7 and 11 Peer Support day. Year 12 commence classes
- 31 January All students at NCC. Morning activities centred around school culture and the PB4L program.
2020 will start with an on-boarding day for all Primary and Secondary families on January 29. Students and parents will come to school to get everything set up for the year. This will run from 1pm – 7pm and families can drop in anytime.
Your time on this day may include:
- update necessary paperwork to ensure accurate data for government requirements and funding,
- submission of any health-related paperwork (diabetes, asthma anaphylaxis plans etc). Students must have a current (2020) plan to ensure safe and appropriate responses in the event of an emergency,
- assistance to login to the Parent and Student SEQTA portal (for access to timetables, notices, merits, reports, NAPLAN, etc),
- assistance to access the Flexischools app to order canteen lunches if needed
- updating contact details to ensure positive communication
- Secondary students can bring all their books and organise their locker (bring or buy a padlock),
- students and parents can meet the Year Level Mentor in the homeroom,
- students can check that their laptops are connecting to the school wifi network and their laptops are ready for classes (IT support will be available to assist),
- last minute uniform items can be purchased from the uniform shop,
- academic and sports programs can be confirmed, ready for a smooth start to classes,
- parents can take part in a short Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) session to assist in understanding the PB4L program and how this may be integrated into the home life so that we are all on the same page. This session will contribute to the family’s School Involvement Program (previously PIP). Sessions will run at regular intervals to cater for all
- extra-curricular activity information (eg music lessons/lunch clubs) can be taken,
- VCE forms need to be completed and signed.
Peer Support Day
On Thursday, January 30 Years 7 and 11 will start school with a Peer Support Program. The NCC Peer Support Program helps our new Secondary students feel more comfortable about starting secondary school. The program aims to help students develop friendships with their new classmates and older students who can help have a great start to the new year.
Year 12 students will also commence classes on January 30.
Day One 2020
All students will start on Friday, January 31. There will be activities for students on Friday morning centred around our School PB4L values. In the afternoon, teachers will be setting the expectations and routines for students in their classrooms for a good start to the year